For the lack of a better term I am using “Mental Issue,” M.I. for short, as a blanket term to describe what we have and deal with on a daily basis. I want to use “Issue” because I don’t want to call it an “Illness.”

Illness, to me anyway, implies that it can be cured, it’s something that you caught and didn’t have before. It’s a part of us, it’s in our DNA, and it’s something we didn’t choose to have but something we live with on a daily basis.

When our M.I. kicks in it’s called “An Episode.” An Episode of what? Are we a sitcom or drama that people sit back and watch? While it may certainly feel this way for non M.I.s, for those of us going through said “episode” it feels more like a storm. Comes on with little to no warning. A lot of huffing and puffing, with loud crashes of thunder. For this reason I will refer to them as Storms and not “Episodes.”

By talking we can begin healing and understanding on both
sides. Ask questions and listen to the answers, don’t judge, don’t speak, just listen.



Friday, April 15, 2016

Demons


You see them all around you,
They follow you everywhere you go.
The Demons inside
Claim they want your soul.

You look to God
But they tell you He’s not there.
All you want is happiness,
The Demons show you life’s not fair.

You try to ignore them
So they back off a bit.
They lurk in the shadows,
Striking hard when you least expect it.

You cry for help,
Thousands of people around but no one hears your call.
The Demons have you,
You no longer stand proud or tall.

The Demons taunt you,
They keep calling your name.
In your head they are laughing,
Knowing they are driving you insane.

You can’t stand your life anymore,
You feel you have to perform this great sin.
Death is your only chance for peace
So your life you take, you end.

I hope you find what you were looking for
But there is one thing about me where you were wrong.
I dearly loved you my friend,
And I wish you peace, safe, now that your Demons are gone.

- Max M. Power

No comments:

Post a Comment