For the lack of a better term I am using “Mental Issue,” M.I. for short, as a blanket term to describe what we have and deal with on a daily basis. I want to use “Issue” because I don’t want to call it an “Illness.”

Illness, to me anyway, implies that it can be cured, it’s something that you caught and didn’t have before. It’s a part of us, it’s in our DNA, and it’s something we didn’t choose to have but something we live with on a daily basis.

When our M.I. kicks in it’s called “An Episode.” An Episode of what? Are we a sitcom or drama that people sit back and watch? While it may certainly feel this way for non M.I.s, for those of us going through said “episode” it feels more like a storm. Comes on with little to no warning. A lot of huffing and puffing, with loud crashes of thunder. For this reason I will refer to them as Storms and not “Episodes.”

By talking we can begin healing and understanding on both
sides. Ask questions and listen to the answers, don’t judge, don’t speak, just listen.



Saturday, April 16, 2016

Robin Williams


1982 Warner Bros Pictures

On August 11, 2014, I lost a personal true hero, Robin Williams.  While the word HERO may mean different things to different people, to me, Robin was a True Hero.
Tears Of A Clown
I am not the type of person who really cares for celebrities.  I’ve met a few and they are just regular people like you and me.  For that reason I do not go out of my way to bother them.  I will just shake their hand, say hello, and move on.  With that said there are only a handful of people that if I ever met, I would want to take a picture with them and have a conversation, a chance to pick their brain.  They are Danny Glover, Morgan Freeman, George Noory, Erich von Däniken, and Robin Williams.
Sadly, I must cross a name off that list now.  I am sadden that I never was able to meet this beautiful genius but I rejoice in his much deserved peace.  While everyone else was in shock and sad when hearing of his passing my first thought was that he is no longer suffering.  This is what came from that first thought.
“My favorite actor died today. His soul was in a constant state of civil war. The war is over now. You found the strength to win it. I salute you Sir. Rest in peace until your next life.”
Robin Williams brought joy to a lot of people.  He made us laugh, cry, and sometimes creeped us out.  As I said, he was a genius and while he could bring joy to the masses he suffered in silence for much too long.  Sadly most people do not realize that, to quote the song, “there’s nothing sadder than, the tears of a clown.”

Hidden Tears
There was always pain in his eyes when he smiled,
But he made you laugh so you didn’t look.
His soul was being tortured,
But he endured the pain so you didn’t have to.
He was surround by millions,
But inside he was always alone.
He had a big heart,
But for him it was never enough.
He wore the badge of a clown,
To hide the tears inside.
He roared with laughter,
To keep his demons at bay.
He will always be my hero,
Even though he has gone away.
- Max M. Power

No comments:

Post a Comment